Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Bad idea of the day

ISLAMIC SEARCH ENGINE IMHALAL FILTERS OUT POTENTIALLY SINFUL MATERIAL
A Dutch company just launched the world's first Islamic search engine, which apparently will warn the user and block out any searches of inappropriate words or terms.

The ImHalal service works like any other search facility until potentially illicit words are entered, when it rates the search from one to three on its risk of generating “haram” or forbidden material.
You show me 1 person who has never intentionally used the internet for some Level-3 haram action, and I will show you a fucking liar.

For the record, I don't mean to offend the Islam people out there, mostly because I am ignorant and scared that they all want to blow me up in the name of hummus or Al-Jazeera or whatever it is they do, but I am forced to ask here: What the shit is the point of the internet if you can't look at anything sinful or illicit? I'm not saying everyone uses this internet thing for evil, but lets just say if Jeopardy ever had a 2 girls 1 cup category, I would bet my bottom dollar that everyone playing along at home would sweep the fucking board.

VERDICT:
i'm no donald trump, but i just don't see this site working at all. the internet without sin is like a pop-tart without frosting, or a chick with no vagina. there's just no point

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP